Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Five ways I became sure that Sophia would be my wife

This morning, I want to take you down memory lane and talk about how we started. You could learn  one or two things.

I tried looking back, how did I become exactly sure that Sophia Bolanle was my going to be my wife? It was interesting.

At that point, I had never asked out any lady, not even one person! I wondered why? What brought us together were series of events, one at a time, and gradual unveiling that eventual worked out together for our good.

Looking at how we met, I can only say God wanted us to be together, for the ultimate fulfillment of His purpose. Do you know that even in marriage, the purpose of God transcends your desires? She is the

best person fitted for my purpose and my journey in life. I am not sure anybody could have done better! I have written this devotional since 2010, without missing a day except very few times. There are times my wife steps in and writes for me. That to me, is heavenly!

Do you know that God wants to lead you? Do you know that God is interested in who your choice is? Do you know that God is more interested in who you get married to than you are yourself? Do you also know that if you give yourself to following God’s plan, not just in marital issues, but in all areas, He will lead you?

I had my doubts. My head was full of doubts. But my heart had peace, so I followed my heart.

Here are five things that that made me sure I was on the right path.

1. I had a knowing
I had a knowing! This was how it all started.  She was twenty years old and I was twenty-three years old. We were to later begin a courtship when she was twenty-one and I was twenty-four. We courted for three years and then got married.

What do I mean by “a knowing?”

The very first day I sighted her, “something” told me she was going to be my wife. I was to later know that the “something” is actually “someone,” the Holy Spirit.

It happened in the hall where we both stayed. Popoola Hospital Hall in Olabisi Onabanjo University. It was fellowship time, and we just had new intakes of which she was part.

While the fellowship was going on, I kept looking at her, right there, during the fellowship.If you like, you can call that a sin. All I know was that God was showing me something. She was sitting about three benches away at the front. I could only see that back of her head, I couldn't see her face and yet, I knew there was something about her. There were invincible spiritual zig-zag transponders that kept my face glued to her.

As soon as we finished the fellowship, I had the opportunity to see her face, and there were butterflies in my tummy. There was something about this girl, and she stood out from everybody.

That day, that voice told me that she would be my wife. But I didn't know how it would happen, in fact, I doubted the voice, since I was a young believer and I didn't really know that God can be talking about something that “unspiritual!”

However, you need to know that I said nothing, I mean nothing, until about a year later!

Brother Tunde, (That was before I gave myself that name, Dunamis) why did you wait that long?
I don’t know myself, but I can recollect I wanted to be sure. I just didn't want to handle any rejection! Somehow, I also knew it was not time yet!

You see, as children of God, you need to learn how to follow what is in your heart and not what you feel like doing or what your flesh wants to do. That is a “must” for you to learn in life.

I did not make any move. I was her friend at a distance. I could see she had a lot of friends who were guys, guys that were pastors and way more spiritual than I was.

What if she got hooked to someone else while waiting? Then she was not my wife in the first place!  That was my thinking.
But that “something” told me it would happen, so I waited until an opportune time.

A knowing is different from an instruction for performance. God was merely telling me who my wife would be, not asking me to go and propose. I am certainly sure that if I had jumped out to ask her out, she would have given me a spike that will only take the balm of Gilead to heal!

Why would she do that? Because she was not ready!

Now, the next question is what was happening while I was waiting?

2. I was given to dreams and visions
In that period of one year, I had several dreams and visions pointing to her. The dreams were so much I was like “Ki lo de?”

What is it about our marriage that God doesn't want me to miss it? Is she the only lady in the world? I saw myself in their family house. I saw myself praying with her. I saw her running towards me, in pain and I prayed for her and she got healed. I saw us conducting crusades together. What else could all those mean? I saw myself walked into her room and she was seated studying about five Bible translations and speaking in tongues and I said “Can I join?”

Now, don't get it muddled up, you don't have to dream! Not everybody would be given to dreams! In fact, I hardly dream again, unlike then, when I I would have a dream anytime I closed my eyes.

What were this dreams trying to achieve? God was trying to communicate His plans to me. He could have done that in so many other ways, which is why you should never seek dreams. There will be a unique way, a pattern through which God speaks to you! That is what you should follow!

Listening to His voice and direction will help you not to sample several people out. It looks like a slow process, but it will teach you on hearing God. Do not be hasty.

3. There was mutual attraction
I was certainly attracted to her. She was beautiful. If she was attracted to me, I don't know. I am not sure whether I was handsome then, but I know she admired me from the look on her face when we were talking. I felt okay then, but then looking back at the pictures, I wondered what she saw!

I will show you one of the pictures now, and I know you will laugh. It’s okay. If I didn't want you to laugh, I wouldn't post it. I also know you will abuse me, but let me abuse myself first. I know my next was longer than one hundred inches. I know I was wearing a “coat” like that of Mungo Park! I know I looked like one of those missionaries…what else is there?

But I need to show you this picture for young ladies who cannot perceive! There is something about perception! There is something about looking beyond the pulchritude and looking at what lies within.

I told my wife, I I were her, I would not marry me! And she would jokingly joke that she married me in faith! Well, thank God her faith worked. You don't need to tell me I am handsome now, everybody tells me!

Here is a picture you have never seen before….


Waoh!

Looking like that, where did I even have the confidence to ask her out? But that suit, sorry that coat was cool back then in 1996. It now looked like a carpenter made it, or better still a welder.  


And I wondered how I could wear something like that and then took a picture!  Look at the tie! It looked like that of Lord Lugard, or better still, like a small cutlass! I was a diamond in the rough, albeit, a diamond!

This is us now… nineteen years after!


Is it not wise to always follow God who sees another twenty or thirty years of you life? You see, God leads you, not based on what you look like now, but based on what you will become eventually.
 

God sees ahead, He knows ahead, He knows the spouse that will not turn you into a widow. He knows that spouse that will not turn you into a punching bag. He knows the best person for you, putting into consideration your personality, your temperaments, your background, your faith, your beliefs, your opinions and more!

Inquiries - 08069751456

I am going to stop here today and I will continue tomorrow. I hope you learnt a few things? Before I go, I will like to say a few words of prayers.

I pray over you, your relationship and marriage plans, you will not miss it in Jesus name. I curse the spirit of confusion in your life and I declare that the light of God dawns upon your soul right now.
 

You will be led by God’s Spirit. Your life will not become an experiment, you will be blessed of God. You will not miss His purpose in life. 

Subscribe for KHC Devotional HERE

To Partner with KHC Vision or support Camp-Meeting 2015, Go HERE

CONFESSION FOR THE DAY
I will be patient with God. I will not be hasty

PRAYER FOR THE DAY
Lord, lead me into your plans for my life

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
"Teach me how to live to please you, because you're my God. Lead me by your blessed Spirit into cleared and level pastureland."  (Psa 143:10, MSG)

ACTION PLAN FOR THE DAY
Camp-Meeting 2015 with Victor Adeyemi, Albert Oduwole, Elekima Ekine, Adefunke Ekine, Francis Madojemu, Dunamis & Sophia Okunowo. For Inquiries,
Call Mr. Oba on 08069751456

READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
 
Mark 2 

26 comments:

  1. Amen. So inspiring! I also pray for God's guidance in choosing the right man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. AMEN to that prayer. Thanks alot Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this sir. I pray that God will help me in my choice of a life partner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen. Lord lead me into your plans for my life, and hastily bring them to manifestation.

    The picture variance is really cute..that coat is really a coat..lool

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am touched and excited... May God continue to uphold your family... May God continue to expound your knowledge and understanding. Youth rabbi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful and inspiring story. I love the aspect of the inner knowing that the Spirit gives. With the Holyspirit and obedience to him we can never go wrong.

      God bless your ministry and family Sir, in Jesus name,amen

      Delete
    2. this is awesome.my spirit is lifted and i hold on to the prayer point

      Delete
  6. This is such a blessing. Thank you sir.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God give me all the patience I need to wait for the right person an guide us aright.. May your plan for my life manifest rapidly in Jesus name Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. God bless you! 😇😇😇

    ReplyDelete
  9. wooowwww, i feel strength in me afresh,,,,, this is hitting the right spot.... thank you sir for taking time to share this with us and thank you ma for leading by example.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahaha today you made me laugh dad!! Thanks a lot for sharing.....I pray for God's direction in my life! Amen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen!.. I feel blessed within me.. God be praised!.. More anointing sir!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a nice story and you made my laugh. Thank you for sharing this story with us. May God lead me to my rightful person...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Sir & Ma for being a blessing...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much sir for sharing your life experience to inspire most especially youths of this age and heavily loaded with wisdom to learn from and humours to brighten our day.The Lord's bless you sir

    ReplyDelete
  15. Couldn't stop laughing..😂
    It was a beautiful story, and I pray to learn more on how to wait on God, how to walk in His will.
    Amen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I av the same experience, she aak me this what is going to happen after sch, she is expected me to say we r to marry bcos that is what is on her mind, but i reply nt, bcos i avnt knw maybe she is real lady God ordain for me, so she decide to break the relationship we have telling me that she does not want a relationship that will end at the school gate....what do u think i can do bcos i have a passion for her, it just am nt so sure if she is the right person for me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful story, you two look good. I pray my union grows big like this

    ReplyDelete
  18. I m truly blessed. Thank u. ....... She looks younger than her age ooooo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow truly blessed,God pls lead me into ur plan.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow....am so inspired. Thank you very much sir.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.

Check out the programmes we have this Valentine's weekend. Click on the link https://kissesandhuggs.org/register/